Kamis, 09 Januari 2014

Sunset


Sunset is the time of day when someone seems to pour orange cordial and beat up omega 3 eggs to the sky. It is a time when I am reminded of how much I am loved. It is the time when I pause in awe of the free beauty that life offers while being reminded that it’s time to re-center myself through praying. I was once an atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, Taoist, mysticist, and every believes that ends with an –ist. However, in 2014, all my experiences and slaps on the face have taken my hand and guided me back to the religion I was born in; Islam. I’m taking very small baby steps, and still feeling lots of apprehension. But, these days, I have understood that my hatred towards the religion was more directed to the misconception of its teaching. Yet, in its purest form, and with the humblest willing to understand it, one would hopefully peel off all the unnecessary membrane, and find sacred love at its core. The love comes from above. The love comes from all around.

2 komentar: