Minggu, 25 Oktober 2009

Wedding Plans

I used to dream of 3 days and nights party for my wedding someday. The one with a complex set of Javanese tradition, and everyone attending will be yawning every consecutive minute. I used to think, I'll save all the money I make and reward myself with this show to let people know I'm capable of throwing this large party that everyone's gonna talk about for years to come, but not any more...


According to my pre-minimalism idealism, I think I would want to have like a really small wedding, when I say small, it will really really small. The attendance will only be me and him. I thought of going to the marriage registration place in a cheap suit just like Carrie did on Sex and the City: the Movie, and shock my parents when my husband and I get home. But then I had a better idea....

I saw on the news about a mass-wedding where some institution will fund up the marriage registrations and make a cute ceremony for people who wants to get married and not have the money yet. This is a charity work. I actualy find the idea quite unjustifiable because people who cannot afford to have a wedding party means that they cannot afford a marriage and I wonder what will happen to their kids. Are they gonna be roaming along the market's roads carrying an empty can? I thought hese people were stupid for their choice of getting married for free, but then I thought the idea is kind of fun!

So the plan is that my husband-to-be and me are just plain rich, and in fact could afford an extravagant wedding with Pavarotti as the wedding singer, but since we will be the wacky couple that we will be, and loves to get jiggy (whatever jiggy means), we'll just get married at a mass wedding! It won't be that embarassing because everybody knows that we are damn filthy rich, it's just that we like being silly and keep our marriage discreet, I guess. Wait, why would I want my marriage discreet? Whatever.

1 komentar:

  1. nice post, sis :)

    Persiapan pernikahan memang harus dipikirkan sejak awal sampai matang. Mulai dari A-Z dan juga psikis serta spiritualnya.

    Salam dari weddingbelle, blog informasi nikah :)

    BalasHapus